Two bloggers have come through for us with reviews and thoughts on the naturist movement. Emma James is an associate of the featured club, Spielplatz, and was in the documentary herself. Sheposted her ideas on her site.
And then there’s this thoughtful review by the Bare Weatherman blogger, who also volunteers with British Naturism. Both of them discuss what James calls a “tired rendition” of a naturist club as a decaying retirement home that is outdated in the 21st century. Bare Weatherman focuses on how BN isn’t doing enough revive naturism, and clubs aren’t being honest about what they really want.
Naked News Reports
– Sixteen things I learned at the naked German spa- This is a cute, tongue-in-cheek list from a newbie perspective. The only thing that is a bit away is #9. That is a standard misconception about nudism that Nudie Lee once covered. For the most part, social nudity or a naked health spa isn’t going to cause a decline in one’s sex life that leads to http://x-nudism.com/community/beach/smooth-shaved-pierced-nudists.php for more kink. It’s considerably more likely that Germans simply do not have as many hang ups about expressing their sexual desires.
– Ragen Chastain runs an excellent site called “Dances With Fat.” In a recent post, she addresses body discontent and being naked. An excerpt:
We’ve all been force-fed just one notion of what a amazing naked body is and that thought is a complete and absolute lie, and we do not have to continue to believe it.
There will be individuals who, for whatever reason, cannot value your exceptional beauty be you clothed or nude. That is their issue, not yours. It doesn’t make you any less beautiful, it merely makes them unworthy of you.
– BuzzFeed posted a overview of the most notorious body shaming instants of 2014. It ain’t pretty, but what is great is the backlash that erupted after many of them. People aren’t taking this sort of crap anymore. Here’s to a more body positive 2015!
– As mentioned not only practice arbitrary censorship, but WOn’t recognize certain kinds of artwork if it has nudity, or elements of sexuality or eroticism within it. For instance, Facebook formally lets naked paintings but not unclothed photography (watch out if your painting looks like a photo). (He eventually gave up on having the page.) Liz Raiss at The Fader asked 6 creatives to share their outlook on social media and censorship, and they were spot on. Additionally they have to recreate accounts, and some are on the 5th or 6th Instagram account. Such patience for a platform that stifles creative expression. Writer Karley Sciortino said,
– Many social networks in a previous NNR, artist Megumi Igarashi was arrested again on obscenity charges earlier this month. Now she is been indicted on these charges and was put in detention for fear she’d ruin evidence. If convicted, she “could face around two years behind bars and a fine of ? http://nudism.name/nudist-video/video-of-family-nudity.php .” Ouch. Her lawyers will continue to plead not guilty. Japan has insane obscenity laws that boost body phobia. Japanese porn can not even reveal any genitals (it’s rather weird). [Japan Times]
“It is so scary when there’s no nuance, where the naked form of the body is handled as pornography. That, if you ask me, feels chilling and unsophisticated. I believe that we can draw lines between what’s porn and what’sn’t. It is as if these platforms do not desire to make moral judgments about what is good or bad, what is porn or not pornbut they certainly do make these judgments. When they censor female pubic hair or select to not take down hate language, those are moral judgments.”
– Is it alright to be naked before your kids? And if that’s the case, at what age does it stop being alright? There is various articles, blog posts and pros addressing these questions. The answer is really rather straightforward, and here’s one post that sums it up. But expected to America’s pedophilia paranoia and attachment to body disgrace, this becomes a divisive issue.
Tomorrow (Monday) at 1pm EST, I (along with Rita and several others) will be in a 25-minute HuffPost Live segment to discuss the parental nudity question! You can watch it live or stream it later.
Me as a toddler at Rock Lodge Club
You’re able to see my preceding HuffPost Live section about growing up as a naturist on our FKK in the News page.
– We made a fresh video about NYC Body Painting Day!
– Since we are on the topic of children and parental nudity, here’s an article by Mark Storey that offers an extensive overview of studies and literature about it. We also provide an article on our website reviewing the pertinent research studies.
Share what you are reading in the comments!
Naked News Round Up by felicity Jones For -Young Naturists & Nudists America
Tags: body painting, censorship, youngsters and kids, family nudism, naked news
Category: Naked News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Writer of Naturist Blog. Cofounder of Nudist Portal. 3rd-generation nudie. Avid reader. Feminist. 70% vegan, 30% vegetarian. Once I’m not busy eating, I’m writing about naturism, censorship, topfree equality, body image and other fun subjects. I like comments, so plz leave a comment when you have got something to say!